ISMPP Job Board
July, 2014 Listings
Please take a moment to scroll through the exciting employment opportunities listed here this month. Or click on the links below to view the individual positions that catch your eye.
If interested in placing an ad on the ISMPP Job Board, click here to view the ISMPP Job Board program options and submit your ad to the ISMPP Office. If you have additional questions or require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 914 618 4453.
Position: Associate Director Publications, External Medical Communications
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: New York, New York or Collegeville, Pennsylvania
The The Publication Specialist is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of a products publication plan, thereby supporting the products’ Publication Sub-Committee. The Publication Specialist oversees compliance with Pfizer publication policies and SOPs. This position works collaboratively with representatives from the Business Units, Research, Legal, Quality Standards, Procurement, Business Technology, Finance, Contract and Outsourcing, and external vendors. The Publication Specialist serves as a Subject Matter Expert to members of the Publication Sub-Committee with regard to current publication policies and industry trends.
- Reports to Publication Team Director /Team Leader
- Strong partnership with Pfizer colleagues involved in the development of publications (e.g. Clinical/Medical Directors, Biostatisticians, Outcome Research colleagues)
- Strong partnership with Legal
- Strong partnership with Procurement/Medical Finance colleagues providing business/financial support to this work
- Collaborates with other Medical Communications colleagues
- In collaboration with Legal, responsible for enforcement of publication policy standards (Pfizer Publications Policy i.e., SOP CT37, ICMJE guidelines, Pfizer Corporate Integrity Agreement, HCP Engagement SOP, etc.) and communication of any policy standards changes
- Serve as coach to PSC members on publication planning and execution
- Routinely trains the PSC regarding publication policies and guidelines
- Coordinates the development of a publication plan for a number of products within the established business planning cycle. Using publication planning/product knowledge and experience contributes to the development of the publication plans
- Serves as a consultant to the Publication Subcommittees (PSC) on selection of appropriate journals and congresses for scientific data submission
- Supports the efficient execution of the plan in adherence with policies and procedures Monitors and evaluates overall publication plan goals and objectives by product and makes recommendations for improvements where needed
- Works closely with the Medical leads for each product to ensure successful development and execution of the publication plan
- Identifies and drives metrics, tool refinement, process improvement and sharing of best practices to further enhance the efficiency of the publication processes.
- Accountable for the effective use of a standardized publication planning tool (Datavision)
- Establishes and manages assigned-product publication budgets within Medical Affairs.
- Partners with Finance to maintain/monitor publication budget forecasts.
- Collaborates with Pfizer Procurement around vendor selection, contracting and ongoing monitoring of vendor relationships
- Works in a vendor-facing role to communicate key information and requirements to Publication Agencies
- Works with Publication Agencies to educate them on established Pfizer Publication policies and procedures
- Takes a lead role with vendors in facilitating issue resolution
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s level education in health services; Masters or Doctorate degree preferred
- 5+ years in Pharmaceutical industry or clinical research
- 2+ years spent developing and managing publications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Vendor management experience
- Project management experience
- Experience in a matrix environment
To apply online, please visit this link: www.pfizercareers.com
Job number: 996615.
Back to top
Position: Consulting Assignment - Medical Publications Associate
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Location: Center, New Jersey
The Medical Publication Associate position focuses on managing publication related systems and processes to ensure timely and transparent development of high quality scientific publications. Individual will be responsible for providing project management oversight to the integration of publication management technology to the Medical Organization. Individual will assist internal and external publication team members with technical/process/system related questions and serve as a liaison between team members and technical support teams for relevant systems. As a publications system administrator, this person will utilize systems to support internal medical communication scientists in the effective planning and management of timelines for writing deliverables. Individual will work independently to analyze Datavision QC audit data, identify issues and opportunities for improvement in use of tool and publication related processes, and work with key stakeholders to implement required enhancements. Additionally, responsible to drive continuous improvement projects under leadership of Datavision global lead that allows publication capability to remain current and relevant with current and evolving organization.
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience in a fast paced professional environment.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical industry or publication/communication agency preferred.
- Highly proficient in Datavision with minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Must have strong business analytical knowledge with the ability to express opinions and conclusions in a clear, concise, and understandable format.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate relevant and important information across departments and outside of BMS.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills and demonstrates diplomacy in dealing with difficult situations; works effectively as a team member, utilizing contributions of other team members to complete projects.
Please contact Brenda Connor at email@example.com for additional information.
Back to top
Position: Director, Scientific Communications
Company: Cubist Pharmaceuticals
Location: Lexington, MA
The (Senior) Director of Scientific Communications will provide oversight, lead, and manage a team of global medical publications/communications, medical information, and medical education team members to manage the global scientific communication for the full portfolio of clinical stage and marketed products across therapeutic areas.
- Maintain overarching view of portfolio publication strategy and execution; communication of topline portfolio plan and achievements to MA and executive team
- Ensure standardization of key publication and scientific communication processes (best practices, flow charts, SBPs, etc) to ensure standardized development and implementation global scientific communication plan and core content
- Oversee successful implementation of publication software to manage appropriate internal review, tracking and reporting of publication activity
- Keep abreast of cutting edge alternative publication/communication venues, mediums
- Keep abreast of key publication compliance policies and ensure Cubist alignment with those
Global Medical Education
- Ensure support of high-quality, appropriate, compliant free flow of educational information through a wide range of formats and structures to health care providers
- Ensure streamlined, scalable, integrated, global platforms and processes for educational grant system and review are maintained and improved
- Keep abreast of cutting edge alternative medical education modalities
- Keep abreast of key medical education compliance policies US and ex-US and ensure Cubist alignment with those
Qualifications and Education:
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Advanced, medical/scientific doctoral level degree required: MD, PharmD, PhD
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry in related areas (Medical Affairs, Research & Dev.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a direct manager of scientists/clinicians/medical communication professionals
- Experience leading the scientific aspects of global product launches, strategic scientific communication development and execution
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working within or with a scientific communications agency
- Infectious disease experience
- Pain and pain management experience
- Surgical product experience
- Gastrointestinal experience
- Management experience (multiple people, and teams)
- Ability to assimilate into a fast moving, dynamic organization and to perform whatever is necessary to help the organization achieve its goals and objectives
- Maintains a keen awareness of relevant industry trends (i.e., competitive, technological, social and economic)
- Able to create new approaches to effectively address future and current changes in the industry; Effectively articulates new and different ways of thinking and doing business.
- Establishes effective controls to hold team accountable for results
- Reaches beyond areas of control to influence others' execution
- Evaluates the organization's needs and identifies the right mix of talent and skills at all levels
- Has a clear point of view and commits to positions
- Office Environment
- Physical Demands
- 20% travel required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pzzgbbw
Back to top
Position: EMAC Market Publication Lead
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
The Medical Publications organization’s mission is to support the development of high quality medical publications to ensure clear scientific communication of BMS data, thus enabling the safe & appropriate use of BMS medicines. The EMAC Market Publication Lead will be responsible for advancing medical publications across the EMAC (European Markets, Australia/New Zealand and Canada) region. This position will report into the Medical Publications central capability and work closely with colleagues in the markets to ensure timely publications supporting launches and the safe & appropriate use and access of our medicines.
- Work with colleagues in the markets to develop strategic publication plans including scientific exchange at key local congresses
- Facilitate connectivity between the Medical Publications and market-level teams to ensure medical publication priorities are achievable with a focus on priority markets to support launches & access
- Drive tactical execution of publications across the region
- Manage publication budgets & provide vendor oversight
- Leverage global agency partnerships and pricing model to support local medical writing needs
- Serve as a point of contact for markets on publication processes and Datavision utilization
- Partner with Medical Publication policy team to develop tailored workshops relevant to markets (e.g. encore/adaptation development, effective medical writing, etc)
- Facilitate best practice sharing across markets in the EMAC region and ensure innovation from the markets are effectively communicated and leveraged by the Medical Publications team.
- MS, MBA, PhD, medicine, pharmacy, or other advanced degree plus at least 5 years of experience within the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry required; medical communication agency and/or publication planning experience desirable;
- Proven experience leading diverse teams through direct and indirect influence; proven ability to work with and manage within a matrix environment;
- Worked successfully in a cross-functional project team; ability to facilitate discussions and decision-making with cross-functional and cross-cultural team members; ability to influence and negotiate appropriate solutions; experience in project managing multiple priorities under tight time constraints and proven ability to establish strong stakeholder relationships;
- Experience managing third party vendors; proven ability to establish trust & respect in a partnership environment;
- Experience in strategic management of publications at market level essential; previous experience at country level desirable
- Fluency in English essential; knowledge of additional languages desirable.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Vet/Disability.
Apply online at: www.bms.com/careers, Job ID: 1403115
Back to top
Position: Manager, Medical Communications
Location: Boston, MA
The Manager, Medical Communications is involved in the development of all medical/scientific publication activities, within the publications plan. He/she interacts with authors, the cross-functional team and the medical communications agency, as appropriate. The Manager should support his/her line manager in the communications between the Medical Communications group, authors, the cross-functional team and the communications agency at all stages of the development of publications. Initial review of all publications is assigned to the Manager and is performed in conjunction with the line manager. The Manager acts in a capacity where the individual’s input will add to the quality of publications.
The Manager delivers the tactics identified in the plan(s) and support his/her line manager in communications with both internal and external groups. The Manager is responsible for:
- Timely delivery of high quality, medical communications to relevant audiences in assigned therapeutic area
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clinical experts, investigators, journal editors, and congress secretariats via high quality medical communications activities
- Assist in briefing and providing feedback to medical communications agencies/contract freelancers following review of medical communications from authors
- Effectively work with medical communications agencies/contract freelancers
- Ensure that medical/scientific communications activities are within company policies, procedures and GPP guidance.
- Conducts business in accordance with Vertex corporate values.
- Has a strong scientific background and an ability to understand and apply knowledge gained from medical literature.
- Acquire and maintain thorough understanding of industry and publications standards with respect to, authorship, GPP, quality and appropriateness of medical/scientific communications
- Stays abreast of new information and changes in the field (both therapeutic and GPP)
- Critically appraise medical/scientific literature
- A proven track record of strong writing skills to enable accurate and appropriate briefing – this will include copy writing, reviewing and editing
- A proven track record of attention to detail, and appropriate level follow-up.
- An in-depth knowledge of the publications requirements and process, both internal and external
- Has an understanding of the clinical development process and biostatistics.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective professional communications to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external groups
- Ability to communicate complex medical/scientific information in routine interactions/management of internal and external groups
- Skillfully plans, prioritizes, and executes multiple projects; ability to multitask and work both independently and within multi-disciplinary teams
- Conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner.
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g. Ph.D., PharmD). A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree may be accepted with extensive relevant experience
- 1-2 years prior experience working within the pharmaceutical industry or related fields or jobs with a relevant medical/scientific focus
- Experience within relevant therapeutic areas is preferred.
- Ability to critically analyze data and medical/scientific literature.
- Acquire relevant information from a variety of sources e.g. literature searches and be able to maintain accurate records of literature sources.
- Excellent writing, reviewing and editing skills with excellent attention to detail
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
For more information, please visit the career posting by clicking on the link (Vertex Career Posting)
Back to top
Position: Medical Publication Lead
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
The primary remit of the Medical Publication Lead is the development and execution of a comprehensive, globally aligned strategic publication plan for assigned assets. The Medical Publication Lead will partner with the Worldwide Medical Team (WWMT) and work collaboratively across key functions and markets to ensure timely publications supporting launches and the safe & appropriate use and access to medicines.
- Builds and leads a high performing, cross-functional global publication matrix team engaged in the planning, integration and execution of medical publication activities globally
- Translates medical strategies and objectives into actionable long-term strategic publication plans; plans that are comprehensive (representing all functions and key markets with ongoing data generation) and globally aligned
- Demonstrates the understanding of the disease area, medical strategies and objectives necessary to provide strategic input to a broad range of stakeholders on matters related to publication planning & data dissemination/disclosure
- Implements effective and consistent strategies for engaging external expertise (e.g. Publication Steering Committee) to advise on and shape publication plan strategy. Fosters collaborative relationships with academic and clinical experts, publishers, medical associations & other relevant stakeholder groups
- Leads the execution of the publication platform (abstracts, presentations) at prioritized International and domestic congresses
- Reviews publication drafts for scientific quality and to ensure alignment & consistency with author direction, the scientific communication platform and key communication points supported by data
- Manages author (external and internal) interface to ensure timely execution and delivery of publications in accordance with GPP2 and BMS processes
- Partners with Publication Operations to assess, plan, and allocate resources (budget, medical writing, biostatistical services) to ensure timely delivery of high quality communications
- Promotes and reinforces good publication practices and principles among authors and internal publication stakeholder community ensuring all publications are being authored, written, and reviewed according to GPP2 and SOPs
- Advanced degree: PharmD, PhD or MD in a science subject or biomedical degree preferred; MS in biomedical discipline with in-depth experience in publication management considered
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience within the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry, in both a regional and global capacity
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registrational, pre & post-launch and marketed)
- Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) highly desirable
- Scientific expertise in Immunology, Oncology, or Virology preferred
- Experience working in highly matrix environment across a broad range of functional areas and collaborating with the Medical Affairs, Health Outcomes, R&D, regulatory, legal and commercial teams
- Understanding of the clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP2, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to post-marketing practices and scientific data communication
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and familiarity with publication management tools & systems (Datavision)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20 – 25% of time
For more information or to apply, please email Ida Sooksaman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top